1. Tnuva Puts A Premium On Kashrus For Consumers Tnuva's adherence to superior kashrus standards has allowed the company to feature the renowned 'Vaad Mehadrin' symbol on its products. Rabbi Zev Weitman, Tnuva's widely respected Kashrus Supervisor (Rav HaMachshir) for the past 16 years, has been the architect of the company's kashrus revolution.. Things You Need To Know About Kashrus At Tnuva: *The 'Vaad Mehadrin' label is accepted by ultra-Orthodox consumers because of the status of the renowned rabbonim who sit on the Vaad, who represent all factions in the Yeshivish, Chassidic, and Sephardi communities. *When there are critical kashrus issues that require a "higher authority", Rav Weitman and the "Vaad Mehadrin" consult with the recognized Halachic sages (Poskei Hador) of our generation, Maran Harav Elyashiv and Maran Harav Shmuel Halevi Wosner. *TNUVA is the only company in the world that sends a kashrus supervisor to oversee routine medical procedures performed on dairy cow's to make sure that the animal is not harmed, which would disqualify the use of its milk. * The 'Vaad Mehadrin's' supervision includes overseeing raw materials, production lines and even final product packaging. * The 'Vaad Mehadrin' discusses and deals with every possible angle, engaging in intense discussions about chemical processes used in new ingredients. The 'Vaad Mehadrin' will not allow a new yogurt product to pass from the development stage into your shopping basket until every single ingredient is checked thoroughly. *In the months leading up to the Passover production season Rav Weitman and the 'Vaad Mehadrin' sit down and analyze newly available ingredients. Innovative food processes have actually spurred the 'Vaad Mehadrin' to increase the number of "Kosher For Passover" products that are available to consumers. *TNUVA is in the forefront of halachic innovation. A prime example is the usage of video surveillance during the milking process. It's an added stringency (Tosefet Chumra) that benefits the community. Technology is used as a beneficial tool to strengthen the existing full-time supervision. *In the USA, TNUVA products also feature the Orthodox Union kosher symbol-OU-which is revered as the leading supervising agency in the world, and respected by kosher and mainstream consumers alike. Tnuva Questions and Answers
1. Q: Are all Tnuva products under Rabbinic supervision?
A: Yes, the internationally recognized Kashrus organization OU (Orthodox Union), and a renowned rabbinic panel supervise the Kashrus of all Tnuva products.
2. Q: Are Tnuva products Cholov Yisrael?
A: Most Tnuva products are Cholov Yisrael. You can differentiate between the products based on their symbols printed on the packaging.
3. Q: What is the status of the Mehadrin council of Tnuva?
A: The Mehadrin council is a Union of Rabbinic Authorities that are accepted by the Israeli Charedi (Ultra Orthodox) community, who supervise and are connected to Tnuva.
4. Q: Do Tnuva products contain gelatin produced from animal bones?
A: No animal-derived gelatin is used in any of the Tnuva products.
5. Q: Are Tnuva products “Kosher for Pesach”?
A: All Tnuva dairies are thoroughly cleansed and Kashered for Pesach. All products that are “Kosher for Pesach” contain the appropriate symbol.
6. Q: Do Tnuva products which are “Kosher for Pesach” contain Kitniyos?
A: All Tnuva dairy products bearing the OU do not contain Kitniyos. Please check all symbols on Olivia Gourmet packages as some do contain Kitniyos.
7. Q: How can I find out more information about the Kashrus of Tnuva products?
A: If you visit http://www.tnuva.com/ you can send an email to Rabbi Weitman, Tnuva’s rabbinical supervisor and specify your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org